A potential new leak has surface this morning pointing to an ambitious, open-world Harry Potter game.
The leak came via Reddit by user VapeThisBro, who says the footage was recorded during an internal focus test for the game – while claiming he was never checked or given a non-disclosure agreement to sign (this is usually never the case).
You can find an archived version of the footage here – because Warner Bros. is copyright striking everything on YouTube and mainstream video sites.
This fact sheet was also purportedly leaked:
Set in the 19th Century (1800s) Wizarding World, this third-person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You are a newly arrived fifth year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power.
Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins to brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.
On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts, you will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny. The Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.
- Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types.
- Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding World.
- Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
- Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time.
- Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
- Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films.
In April 2017, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment was seeking senior writers “with a deep understanding of British culture and grammatical presentation” for its Avalanche Software studio, suggesting the Disney Infinity developer could be responsible for the alleged Harry Potter title.
As with any leaks or rumors – take this with a grain of salt despite how legitimate this can look, or not. We’ll keep you guys posted.