Indie developer Steelkrill Studios announced their upcoming horror title, Rotten Flesh, will be launching this month
Rotten Flesh launches for PC (via Steam) on January 22, 2024. Previously it was meant to be an Early Access launch.
Steelkrill Studio, known for creating Backrooms 1998 and The Voidness, have created a new title where players will have to use their microphones to call out to search for their missing dog.
However, such usage also has unforeseen consequences as they explore the depths of the sewers and tunnels that allegedly were home to a cult.
Here’s a rundown of Rotten Flesh, plus a release date trailer:
Rotten Flesh is a cosmic horror game where you have to find your lost dog by SHOUTING his name “ROY” on your microphone in order to find him.
Roy, the good boy he is will actually respond back to you by barking so you can find him. That means, if he is near and you shout his name he will respond back to your voice!
Will you be saving your dog or will you let him to rot away? Poor Roy needs your help.
- Weapon system: Find weapons to protect yourself and fight your way.
- Microphone Input: shout for ‘ROY’ on your microphone to call for your dog, if he is close Roy will bark back. However, your dog is not the only one down these tunnels.
- Terrifying story: Venture the terrifying and disturbing sewers and tunnels that was supposedly occupied by a leading cult. Discover secrets and find your dog, Roy.
- PSX Gameplay: PSX style graphics combined with cosmic horror that will leave players with hair up their skin.
- Puzzle Solving: Find clues, solve puzzles and try to advance to the next objectives.
- Survival elements with full inventory system, objectives, clue-findings and tools to help you in escaping.
- Puzzles to unsolved, mysteries to uncover. Use your mind to overcome obstacles that you will find in your way.
- Stealth System: Try and sneak through the terrifying enemies that can only be seen by scanning them.
- Hiding System: Hide from the enemies under tables, while trying to stay quiet as they can hear you from your microphone when you are in hiding mode.
- Gut Wrecking Moments: Walking on broken glass can make noises that the enemy may hear, same as moving crates or knocking over objects. all these things can give away your position. Try to evade them or use them as your advantages.
- Inventory Management: Find supplies, upgrades, health packs and more items will be vital for your survival.