Root Letter is now available for PC.
The Kadokawa Games-developed title is now available for PC via Steam, and has a 25% discount for its first week of launch.
Players can experience the mystery-adventure game in English, Japanese, and even Traditional Chinese language options. Root Letter has been available for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita worldwide.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Kadokawa Games:
When a letter is delivered 15 years late – you discover an old pen-friend was involved in a murder, before she disappeared.
Travelling to her hometown, you must investigate the murder, using her past letters as clues to uncover the disturbing truth. Using Visual Novel and investigative gameplay elements, Root Letter elevates the Visual Novel genre to a whole new level.
- An intense murder mystery set in a gorgeous, real-word, rural Japanese setting.
- Stunning Visual Novel artwork from the renowned artist Minoboshi Taro.
- Increased gameplay elements – search for clues, present evidence and explore environments.
- Travel freely around Shimane, visiting real world locations and interviewing suspects.
- Interrogation mode allows you to present evidence to characters and catch them out in lies.
- Unravel the truth from your pen-friend’s letters – was she telling the truth, was she even real?
- Make difficult choices as you straddle an investigation spanning 15 years.
- Five different endings with wildly different routes – for a huge level of replayability.
- Incredible Soundtrack from composer Takashi Nitta and lead voice actor role for Noriko Hidaka (Ranma)