Blizzard Entertainment have announced the Rogue class will be coming to Diablo IV, during Blizzconline 2021.
Originally playable in the first Diablo and appearing as mercenaries in Diablo II, the Dexterity-based Rogue returns with fast strikes and dashing movement. Along with bows and dual daggers; the class can imbue its weapons with ice or poison, use traps and dark magic, and perform combo attacks to cut down foes.
During the livestream the class was described as flexible and adaptable, being able to fight foes at range or in close quarters.
You can find the announcement trailer for the Rogue, screenshots (via Blizzard Entertainment), and the rundown on the class (via the official website) below.
The Rogue is an adaptable, agile warrior who can specialize in ranged or close quarters combat. She can best any foe with her imbued weapons, perform powerful combo attacks, and can augment her arsenal with deadly poisons and shadow magic to slay demons with impunity.
You can find the abridged rundown on the game (via Blizzard Entertainment) below.
A RETURN TO DARKNESS
Legendary Heroes Return: Four iconic Diablo IV classes have been revealed, with one more to come. Each character class retains its core identity, yet also brings players fresh inspiration and fun, revamped play styles:
- The Rogue is a swift, deadly, mobile class with unparalleled versatility. Rogue players can choose from a variety of ways to stab, shoot, and trap their enemies and can enhance their combat through poisons, shadow magic, and specialised techniques. This class is not just for fans of the original Rogue – Assassin and Demon Hunter players will notice some of our favourite tricks of the trade have come back as well.
- Barbarians bring the power of the new Arsenal system in battle, arming them with the ability to carry and rapidly switch between four different weapons at a time by assigning them to individual attacks.
- Sorceresses shape the elements to obliterate their foes, chilling their foes until they freeze and shatter, electrocuting them with bolts of lightning, or raining flaming meteors from the sky.
- Druids are savage shapeshifters who fluidly transform between werewolf, werebear, and human forms to unleash a cataclysm of nature’s fury on the forces of the Burning Hells.
- Smarter, Deadlier, and More Diverse Monsters: Face a world inhabited by deadly monster ‘families’ of disparate, yet thematically-linked creatures that work together to present players with interesting strategic challenges.
Deep Character Customisation: Players will be able to experiment and discover countless character builds from a wealth of options such as Primary stats, customisable talent trees and skills, awe-inspiring loot including all-new Legendary and Unique items to collect, runes and rune word combinations, and even customisable mounts.
Diablo IV is coming soon to Windows PC (almost certainly via Battle.net), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
In earlier news, Blizzard Entertainment officially announced Diablo II: Resurrected.