1C Entertainment have announced Dread Templar, a retro-inspired FPS by T19 Games.
Delve into the depths of Hell as the titular Dread Templar, on a roaring rampage of revenge against the forces of evil. Gain access to Dread Powers and customize your skills to suit your playstyle.
Master 10 classes of weapons that include katanas, revolvers, shotguns, and cursed infernal firearms. Search every nook and cranny of each level in pursuit of secrets and side areas that can grant massive rewards.
You can find the announcement trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Dread Templar is a fast-paced first-person shooter that combines elements from both modern retro shooters and classics from the 90s. You are a Dread Templar seeking his revenge deep in the evil realm. Explore the levels and solve puzzles to find hidden weapons and upgrades. Face hordes of demons and bloodthirsty fiends using ninja equipment, firearms, and infernal weapons that will make YOU the scariest thing in hell. Gain Dread Powers and customize your skills according to your playstyle, as they will help you in your battle against the dark forces.
- Dread Templar uses elements from both modern retro FPS and classic shooters such as fast-paced gameplay, dashing, headshots and bullet time so you can enjoy the old-school shooting games in a modern way!
- Customize your weapon skills to fit your own playstyle and fight against the demon hordes.
- More than 10 types of weapons in the game including katana swords, firearms and infernal guns!
- Explore side areas and secret places, solve interesting puzzles and get rewards.
- Handmade retro art style – all elements in the game including weapons, demons, and levels are done in a retro pixel art style reminiscent of the 90s shooters.
Dread Templar enters Early Access in Fall 2021 for Windows PC via Steam, with a full release coming in 2022.