Capcom and Oculus Studios in collaboration with Armature Studio have announced Resident Evil 4 VR for Oculus Quest 2.
Announced during the Resident Evil April Showcase, details are scant outside a general 2021 release window. Further details for Resident Evil 4 VR will be revealed during the Oculus Gaming Showcase on April 21st. The VR version had been noted in the Capcom Leaks, brought about by a ransomware hacker group.
You can find the rundown on the original Resident Evil 4 (via Steam) below.
In Resident Evil 4, special agent Leon S. Kennedy is sent on a mission to rescue the U.S. President’s daughter who has been kidnapped. Finding his way to a rural village in Europe, he faces new threats that are a departure from the traditional lumbering zombie enemies of the earlier instalments in the series. Leon battles horrific new creatures infested by a new threat called Las Plagas and faces off against an aggressive group of enemies including mind-controlled villagers that are tied to Los Illuminados, the mysterious cult which is behind the abduction.
- Stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time.
- A complete visual overhaul has been performed to bring this revered title to the highest graphical quality ever.
- Fully optimized for the wide screen, texts have been sharpened and textures have been upgraded on characters, backgrounds and in-game objects.
- Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support.
- Native keyboard and mouse support with customizable key binding, mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration settings.
- This new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue.
The April Showcase also revealed more information about Resident Evil Village; including both its new timed demo and Mercenary Mode. In addition, Dead by Daylight will have a crossover chapter with Resident Evil.