MicroProse Software have announced the release date for Bird’s Eye Games’ upcoming RTS, Regiments.
Regiments will release on August 16th for Windows PC via Steam. In Regiments, players command platoons of troops in a theoretical war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in 1989. The game features over 60 authentic Cold War era vehicles, spread across 4 playable nations: the United States, West Germany, the Soviet Union, and East Germany.
There are 3 different types of skirmish modes, each of which feature large maps based on key locations throughout Germany that would have likely seen the most fighting if the Cold War ever went hot.
You can find a new release date trailer below:
You can find a rundown on the previously announced game below:
THE RED HORSE OF WAR IS RIDING THROUGH THE EUROPE ONCE AGAIN
It’s 1989 and the flames of a New War are flaring up. Thousands of square miles of German landscape will become a stage for sweeping battles between the best NATO and Warsaw Pact has to offer.
Lead your Regiment through the inferno of a wide-scale Cold War conflict in this new Real-Time Tactics game. Break through the lines, call in artillery and air support, maneuver, feign retreats, and stage mobile defenses. Do not relent.
The Platoon Command system lets you orchestrate battles with unprecedented precision and ease. No need to micromanage every infantryman – you’re a Commanding Officer, not a sergeant.
Form your force on the fly. Selecting the main Regiment is just a start. You can expand your army during the game by calling in unique Task Forces, each bringing its own equipment and off-map support options.
- Several dynamic operations, encompassing warfare around the Inner German border
- Three distinct skirmish modes with varied, dynamic objectives
- Aggressive, competent AI that can challenge experienced RTS players
- On-the-fly force customization, rewarding adaptability, and creativity
- Deep game mechanics, simulating the Cold War era mechanized fight with great detail
- Four key Cold War Factions: Soviet Union, USA, West Germany, and East Germany
- Visceral visual effects, bringing the WWIII to your screen in all its terrifying glory
- Over 60 authentic vehicles modeled, combined into a multitude of different formations. Deploy such iconic vehicles as Leopard 2, T-72M or M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
- Smooth learning curve and high accessibility even to novice RTS players
- Refined controls that make commanding hundreds of soldiers a breeze