Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer.
Kalypso Media have announced the new Japan DLC pack for Gaming Minds Studios’ railroad tycoon management sim, Railway Empire.
The Japan DLC pack adds two new scenarios set between 1870 and 1920. The DLC also adds Japan as a playable map in the Free Game and Sandbox modes. Alongside the new location, there are also 8 new historic Japanese locomotives, 11 famous Japanese landmarks, 28 new tradeable goods, and 35 cities.
You can find the announcement trailer below.
Railway Empire – Japan releases May 7th for $9.99 USD.
You can find the rundown of the DLC (via Steam) below:
- 2 new scenarios: ‘Rising Sun’(1870 – 1890) and ‘Twisted Paths’ (1900 – 1920)
- Map expansion: 3 new maps of “Japan” (All, Mid and South) available in Free Game and Sandbox modes.
- 8 historical engines including the D51 Degoichi, Class 9600 Kyuroku and Class 8620 Hachiroku
- 28 new tradeable goods (e. g. sake and rice) and 35 more cities to discover.
- Added ‘ticket’ feature playable on all Railway Empire maps – cater to tourists and commuters to increase your profits.
- 11 iconic Japanese landmarks including Osaka Castle, Hells of Beppu and the Itsukushima Shrine
- New music, buildings and reworked mini portraits for characters
ABOUT THIS CONTENT
Japan 1872: after the successful restoration of the Meiji rule, the Land of the Rising Sun moves on to a promising era of major industrial and economic change. Japan’s long-term ambition to develop its own modern nation-wide railway network becomes a reality. People from formerly feudal regions are yearning to travel to booming metropolises.
In Railway Empire – Japan, use foresight, planning and clever strategy to establish a railway network to facilitate this “great commute”. Will you prioritise the much-desired passenger transport or give preference to the transportation of goods? Think carefully and weigh your profits against the satisfaction of your passengers.