Gaming Minds Studios and Kalypso Media have released another new DLC pack for their railroad management sim, Railway Empire.
The aptly-named France expansion adds a new map and scenario set in the aftermath of Napoleon III’s exile. There’s also 10 new historical trains and 12 tradable goods. The new map of France can also be played in Free Game and Sandbox modes. You can watch a trailer above. The new DLC pack costs $12.99.
The DLC release coincides with the second big community update, which adds new content and makes tweaks based on feedback from the playerbase. You can read about the update here.
Here’s a rundown of the new DLC:
In the wake of Emperor Napoleon III’s exile, the French monarchy has collapsed for the second time, and the Third Republic has taken its place. In the Railway Empire – France DLC you will decide your country’s industrial future. Either take sides with a militaristic general and increase the strength of France’s borders in anticipation of a new war or help the minister of public work to rebuild the infrastructure of the country and undertake the controversial new “Eiffel Tower” project.
- New scenario – Into a new time (1874-1890)
- Map expansion: France (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 10 historical engines such as the Coupe Vent (4-4-0) and Forquenot (2-4-2)
- More than 12 new tradeable goods (e.g. wine and soft cheese) and 31 new cities
- ‘Concession’ feature: The map is divided into sections. Buy concessions to gain access to new building grounds (also available on the full North American map)
- New songs and updated characters
Railway Empire is available on Windows PC, Linux (both via Steam and GOG), PS4, and Xbox One for $49.99.