Corbie Games and Iceberg Interactive have released the first major update to Railroad Corporation since it launched in late May via Steam Early Access.
The update focuses mostly on a new sandbox mode, complete with two exclusive maps and numerous features that can be toggled on and off. There’s also some tweaks to the game’s campaign. You can read more here.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Relive the pioneering spirit of the Golden Age of Steam by establishing your own railroad empire across 19th century North America. Race against time to bring settlements together, produce and trade goods and develop new technologies.
Embark on your dream career and earn your fortune in the New World. Work to fulfill contracts and complete missions based on historic rail networks across the United States. Lay down tracks, dig tunnels and raise bridges to connect settlements big and small, old and new. Strategy and forward planning are essential to make the best deals – so you’ll need to be across every aspect of your organization. Control and combine resources, establish new industries and even lobby politicians to change the law of the land.
- Establish a profitable Railroad Corporation in Golden Age of Steam
- Construct a vast transportation network and trade goods with towns and cities
- Engage in political lobbying and research new technologies
- Acquire your own buildings and real-estate
- Expand your operations with new departments, recruit employees and manage business loans
- Buy, control and maintain historically accurate locomotives and rolling stock
- Blast, dig and tunnel across the beautiful frontier landscapes of 19th Century America
- Compete with a friend in the online multiplayer beta and race to earn $500,000!
Railroad Corporation is available on Windows PC via Steam for $29.99.