Publisher Live Wire has announced the PC port release date for Treasure’s classic shoot ’em up game, Radiant Silvergun.
Radiant Silvergun was originally released in Japanese arcades back in May of 1998, and got a Sega Saturn port later that year. It came west first on Xbox 360 and became a rare physical game (it’s playable digitally on modern Xbox consoles). It was later ported to Switch in September 2022.
Here’s a rundown on the new PC port:
July 14, 2520 AD. The light emitted by a “stone-like object” excavated from the strata of B.C. enveloped the earth, destroying the human race. Only the four crew members of the space cruiser TETRA and one robonoid barely escaped into satellite orbit…
One year later. The TETRA is forced to re-enter the atmosphere because the ship’s supplies have finally been depleted. The battle for the survival of the TETRA begins.
A highly strategic shooting game
The battlefield is a stage with various terrains, including intricate crevices and moving containers, where enemies attack from all directions, up, down, left, and right. Twenty-three bosses await in six highly strategic stages.
There are also secret bonuses that occur when enemies are defeated in a specific order, as well as hidden score items. The key to obtaining a score is to cover all of these items, build your own original attack pattern, and accurately destroy the targeted enemies.
Use weapons that level up in accordance with your score to update your high score!
- Score system specialized for the origin of shooting games
- Weapons that level up as you defeat enemies
- 5 difficulty levels for beginners to enjoy
- Story mode with a strong message
- Beautiful 3D graphics
- Sound that colors the game world by Hitoshi Sakimoto, who is highly acclaimed both in Japan and overseas.
- Game mode with the rules of “Ikaruga,” the second installment of Project RS.
- Online ranking to compete with rivals from around the world.