Publisher Live Wire announced Radiant Silvergun is now available for Nintendo Switch.
The classic Treasure-developed shoot ’em up was originally released in arcades back in 1998, then ported to Sega Saturn later in 1998, and finally got a western port for Xbox 360 in 2011.
Here’s a new trailer for the Radiant Silvergun port:
Here’s a rundown on Radiant Silvergun:
July 14, 2520 AD.
The human race was annihilated by the light emitted by the “stone-like object” excavated from the stratum before Christ.
Only four crew members belonging to the space cruiser “TETRA” and one robonoid survived in satellite orbit.
A year later. The supplies on board are depleted.
TETRA is forced to re-enter the atmosphere and begin the fight for human survival.
Strategic shooting game
Stages with various topography such as intricate gaps and moving containers become battlefields, and enemies attack from all directions, up, down, left and right. And 23 bosses await beyond… 6 highly challenging stages await you.
There is a chain bonus that keeps increasing the score by continuously defeating the same enemy, a secret bonus generated by defeating enemies in a specific order, and a hidden score item. The key to earning a score is to cover all of these, build an original pattern for strategy, and accurately defeat the target enemy.
Use different weapons that level up by earning points and beat the high score!
- Score system specialized in the origin of shooting games
- Tons of weapons that level up by killing enemies
- 5 levels of difficulty settings that even beginners can fully enjoy
- Story mode with a strong message
- Beautiful graphics produced by 3D graphics
- Sounds created by Mr. Hitoshi Sakimoto, who is highly acclaimed both in Japan and overseas, to color the world of the game.
- Game mode that can be enjoyed with the rules of “Ikaruga”, the second project RS work
- Online leaderboards to compete with rivals around the world