Double Eleven and Paradox Interactive have announced that Prison Architect‘s Psych Ward DLC will be coming to the Steam version of the game as Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition on November 21st for $5.99.
Psych Ward has been available on the console version of the game since 2017, and added new mechanics and features based around imprisoning the criminally insane. The Warden’s Edition will add additional features that will be brought back to the console versions of the game later on as a free update. You can find a trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the new content:
Welcome to the Psych Ward!
Your prison will be more lively than ever with the arrival of the criminally insane. Lucky for you, it’s time to outfit your prison with the latest and greatest in Psych Ward management to house these unpredictable inmates.
- PLEAD INSANITY – Criminally insane inmates are unpredictable, require special care, and have their own Reputation traits for you to consider when building your prison. Let them co-exist with the general population or lock them away in a padded cell, how you manage their needs is up to you!
- SHRINKS – Any prison holding the criminally insane needs a team of Psychiatrists and trained Orderlies to keep everything under control. These valuable prison staff can sedate rowdy prisoners or pull out the straitjackets when things get too rough.
- DOCTOR’S NOTE – Provide counselling to the criminally insane with the new Psychiatrist’s Office. Improve their sessions by upgrading the office with leather sofas, medicine cabinets, and Rorschach tests.
- IT’S GONE VIRAL – Treat your inmates with care. Subjecting your inmates to excessive suppression or punishment can cause them to turn criminally insane.
- EXTRA PADDING – Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition adds padded cells along with a bundle of new objects, floors, and wall types to customize your prison. Now you can easily build a dedicated wing for the criminally insane.
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE – Additional contraband, including Adrenaline Shots, Fountain Pens (Shanks), and Gold Pocket Watches, can be stolen by your prisoners, or by you in Escape Mode.