Both HD remasters are launching for Windows PC on January 24th, 2020.
These updated versions of both classic games will be available on Steam, but customers that preorder through the Kalypso Store will get access to a closed beta on December 13th. The Kalypso Store also has a discounted double pack and disc versions for sale.
The Mac, Linux, and console versions of both games will come sometime in Spring 2020.
Here’s a rundown of both games:
Commandos 2 HD Remaster Features:
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI and an overhauled tutorial.
- Interactive environments: steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb poles, swing from cables, swim, utilize vehicles, and climb in/out of buildings, ships and planes.
- Control nine unique commandos, each with different skills and specializations including green beret, sniper, demolition expert, diver, seductress and thief.
- The Commandos series’ first appearance in a modern 3D Engine: rotate the environment 360 degrees, move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
- Authentic WWII scenarios: 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day, with realistic weather effects.
- The choice is yours: how you tackle each mission is up to you. Experiment with skills and weapons in a challenging “against the odds” gameplay style.
- WWII vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas and flame-throwers.
Praetorians HD Remaster Features:
- The celebrated real-time strategy classic, re-imagined in high definition with reworked controls and UI
- Three different armies, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses: Gauls, Egyptians and the Roman Legions
- Over 20 campaign missions set in Egypt, Gaul and Italy
- Unique sets of abilities and formations for different unit types and characters
- Make use of different terrains and landscapes to plan your battles