Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have sold over four million units combined worldwide within their first two days since launch, Nintendo have confirmed. Pokemon X and Y released simultaneously on October 12th.
These numbers can’t be accurately compared to previous Pokemon game launches because this is the first worldwide launch. Instead Nintendo has given us a comparison to Black 2 and White 2 – They are ahead of their sales by 70 percent.
The Pokemon franchise has sold over 245 million games worldwide since its inception, and Nintendo has even given us a nice breakdown of the previous five games’ total sales:
- Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl (Nintendo DS) – 17.63 Million
- Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire (Game Boy Advance) – 16.22 Million
- Pokémon Black and Pokémon White (Nintendo DS) – 15.42 Million
- Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver (Nintendo DS) – 12.67 Million
- Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen (Game Boy Advance) – 12 Million
We’re currently working on a thorough review of Pokemon X and Y, so please check it out once we’ve published it.