The Pokemon Company has announced Pokemon Trading Card Game Live for PC and smartphones, with a soft launch sometime later in 2021.
Over 20 years since the original Pokemon Trading Card Game, the new Pokemon Trading Card Game Live is coming first to iOS and Android as a free to play game worldwide via the aforementioned soft launch later in 2021, with a global open beta coming to PC and Mac as well. The game will support English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese.
Here’s a new trailer and a sneak peek gameplay trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Pokémon TCG Live allows Trainers to enjoy the Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) in an updated digital format and is designed to be easy and fun for beginners to learn how to play the game, while offering fresh challenges for existing players to improve and test their skills. Players will be able to enjoy their favorite Pokémon TCG activities, including building decks and battling other Trainers around the world. They will also be able to tailor their experience with customizable avatars and Pokémon TCG accessories, participate in daily quests, and more.
Pokémon TCG Live will be released as a free-to-play game and also marks the first time that the Pokémon TCG will be playable on smartphones, in addition to tablets,
PCs, and Macs.
- Play Wherever and Whenever:
- Play the Pokémon TCG by the official rules wherever you are and while on the go with smartphone and tablet support.
- Experience the Pokémon TCG on your preferred platform—whether mobile or desktop—and pick up where you left off on any supported device.
Battle with Friends:
- Challenge friends and members of the Pokémon TCG Live community with fun gameplay modes, including ranked and casual play.
- Add and remove friends; see your friends’ online status; and send, accept, and
deny battle requests.
- Pair with players of similar skill level via online matchmaking.
- Use your favorite Pokémon TCG Live preconstructed deck, or build a custom deck, to test your skills against your friends or random players from around the world.
Build and Edit Decks:
- Start your Pokémon TCG Live journey by automatically receiving eight playable decks at no cost, including a beginner’s starter deck to help you learn the game.
- Edit deck lists to create the ideal deck for your next battle. Play the Standard format at launch—with Expanded format coming via a future game update—and collect cards from the Sword & Shield, Sun & Moon, XY, and Black & White Series.
- Add new cards to your deck by redeeming codes included in physical Pokémon TCG booster packs or by earning digital booster packs in the game.
Earn Rewards with Battle Pass:
- Play daily quests to level up your Battle Pass and unlock higher rewards. Every day, two new quests are available that will provide players with XP, progression, and quest rewards.
- Progress in Battle Pass Ladders to unlock in-game cosmetics, booster packs, and more.
- Unlock in-game content and accessories at no cost by completing quests and objectives.
- Coins: Get cool new apparel and emotes for your avatar, and deck customizations such as deck boxes and card sleeves. Coins can be earned by completing quests, leveling up, increasing your rank, and more.
- Credits: Transfer up to four copies of a unique Pokémon TCG card, one copy of an ACE SPEC or Prism Star card, one copy of each part of a Pokémon V-UNION card, and 59 copies of a basic Energy card from your existing Pokémon TCG Online account. Additional copies of Pokémon TCG cards can be converted into Credits, which can be redeemed for single cards to add to your collection. Credits can also be earned by achieving various milestones within the game.
- Crystals: With Crystals, earn booster packs, promo cards, and special bundles in the in-game shop to add cards to your collection. In addition,use Crystals to upgrade your experience to the Premium Pass and the Premium Pass +. Crystals can be earned by completing quests.
Customize Your Experience:
- Customize your in-game avatar in a variety of ways, including skin tone, hair style, hair color, and eye color—plus different clothing options like tops, bottoms,
glasses, hats, and shoes.
- Use your favorite deck accessories when building out customized decks for an additional personal touch.