Niantic, the company behind the mobile game Pokemon GO have announced an event to celebrate the launch of Pokemon from the Kalos region in the game.
Pokemon GO launched in 2016 and maintains an active player base to today. While at launch the game only featured the original Kanto Pokemon, other generations have been added in waves.
Beginning on December 1st, players will now be able to catch Pokemon from the Kalos region (generally referred to as Generation VI Pokemon). This includes Pokemon such as Xerneas, Klefki, and Greninja who is also featured as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
You can find the trailer for the Kalos event below.
You can find the details of the event from the official Pokemon GO blog below.
Pokémon originally discovered in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Alola, and Galar have appeared in Pokémon GO. And starting today, Pokémon originally discovered in Kalos—the region where Mega Evolution was first discovered—will also be appearing in the world of Pokémon GO! To celebrate their arrival, you’ll be able to take part in a special event.
Date + Time
Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Bunnelby, Fletchling, Litleo, and Noibat will be appearing more frequently in the wild! In addition, Klefki will be appearing in the wild only in France. These Pokémon will be appearing in the wild after the event ends.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! They’ll continue to hatch from Eggs after the event concludes.
- Bunnelby, Fletchling, and Litleo will be hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Espurr and Noibat will be hatching from 10 km Eggs.
- Litleo and Espurr will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research and Timed Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Bunnelby and Fletchling as well as reward Venusaur Mega Energy, Charizard Mega Energy, and Blastoise Mega Energy.