A Spooky Mega raid is making its Pokemon Go debut; in preparation for its debut, we have prepared the best Mega Banette raid counters to date in 2022.
Starting on October 20th, the Halloween 2022 event will start in Pokemon Go. The Halloween 2022 Stars event will run until November 1st, at 10 A.M. During the event, trainers will be able to purchase two special research story tickets; the first ticket will cost $1 while the second will cost $5. The Two stories will feature Yamask and Galarian Yamask.
Lavender Town Music will be audible in Pokemon Go. During the event, ghost-type Pokemon will spawn in abundance. Noibat’s shiny form will also be making its Pokemon Go debut.
During the Halloween 2022 event, Mega Banette and Altered Forme Giratina will appear in raids. Both raids will run from October 20th to November 8th. Banette and Giratina’s shiny variations will be available as a possible reward for taking down their respective raids.
Now let’s dive into the best Mega Banette raid counters.
Best Mega Banette raid counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Banette Raid Stats
- Mega Banette is a ghost-type Pokemon.
- It is weak to Dark & Ghost-type moves.
- The Mega Banette Raid CP is
- Mega Banette’s Base HP is 162
- Its Attack is 312 and its Defense is 160
- The Base catch CP is between 2000 (80%) to 2,053
- The Boosted Catch CP is between 2500 (80%) to 2,567
- It is Weather Boosted by cloudy or foggy weather
- Its Fast moves can be Hex or Shadow Claw
- Its Charged moves can be Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, or Thunder
Mega Banette Raid Counters
Going into the Mega Banette raid, trainers will need a heavy-hitting team of Pokemon with type effective moves or high defensive stats. Overall, Mega Banette is a heavy-hitting Mega Pokemon. Thankfully it is easy to take down due to its vulnerabilities and low HP Stat.
The raid can be easily completed by a team of 3 to 6 trainers; a team of 4 to 8 trainers can take it down quicker and a team of 8 to 20 trainers can burn through it making a better completionist bonus.
Using Mega Pokemon such as Mega Gengar, Mega Houndoom, or Mega Absol will make the battle a lot easier for most trainers. Ultimately, you will want to use Dark or Ghost-type Pokemon. Be careful, because the raid can be difficult if using bug, poison, normal, or fighting-type Pokemon.
Here are the best counters to overcoming the raid. Some of these recommendations can be substituted out for Pokemon with type advantage or a better move set.
- Mega Gengar – Lick & Shadow Ball
- Chandelure – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Darkrai – Snarl & Shadow Ball
- Deoxys – Zen Headbutt & Dark Pulse
- Hoopa (Unbound) – Astonish & Shadow Ball
- Hydreigon – Bite & Brutal Swing
Alternative Ghost & Dark–Types
- Mega Absol – Snarl & Payback
- Hoopa (Confined) – Astonish & Shadow Ball
- Weaville – Snarl & Foul Play
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut & Shadow Ball
- Giratina – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Banette – Shadow Claw & Shadow Ball
- Mega Houndoom – Snarl & Foul Play
- Honchkrow – Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Mismagius – Hex & Shadow Ball
- Bisharp – Snarl & Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar – Bite & Crunch
- Zarude – Bite & Dark Pulse
Remember Shadow Bonuses
Remember, Shadow versions of some of these Pokemon can be more efficient.
Let Us Know!
Will you try to grind out the Mega Manectric and Xerneas Raids one last time? Both the legendary and mega raids will change on October 20th. Mega Banette and Giratina will appear in raids until November 8th. Will you do Spooky Raids?
For additional Pokemon Go news or raid guides, check out our Pokemon Go section.
Let us know if this information is helpful to you and look out for any raid invites from us in the future. Remember to follow the NicheGamer Twitter for a variety of Pop Culture news