PlatinumGames have announced they are aware some Kickstarter backers are receiving blank codes for the Nintendo Switch version of The Wonderful 101: Remastered.
We had previously reported that the coronavirus pandemic had delayed the game’s physical launch for Kickstarter backers and everyone else. At the time, PlatinumGames offered Steam download codes to backers to ensure everyone could play the game at the same time.
However, PlatinumGames now state they are aware that some Kickstarter backers had received blank codes for the Nintendo Switch version of the game. The backers had received an email with the code, only with the space where the code should be containing the word “None.”
“We have identified the cause of the error situation with The Wonderful 101: Remastered Nintendo Switch codes going out to backers of the Kickstarter,” PlatinumGames tweeted, “and are working to get the codes out properly. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
You can find the full rundown on the game (via Nintendo) below.
Lead an army of 100 Wonderful Ones from around the world in this Unite Action spectacular!
A team of heroes from around the world must UNITE to protect the earth from vicious alien invaders! This band of 100 Wonderful Ones works together using their fantastic abilities to create a variety of forms. Whether it be a giant fist or a sharp blade, they’ll use their wits and power to overcome the enemy’s pitfalls and perils! And the final member of this team of courageous heroes—is you.
From PlatinumGames, creators of the Bayonetta series, ASTRAL CHAIN, NieR:Automata, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, comes The Wonderful 101: Remastered! This game will be PlatinumGames’ first self-published title, and is a powered-up version of The Wonderful 101, originally released by Nintendo on September 15th, 2013 as a Wii U exclusive.
The Wonderful 101: Remastered offers the unprecedented ability to control 100 heroes at once, with the flowing controls and dynamic action that are the PlatinumGames hallmark. It’s all brought together by a pulse pounding tale of heroic bravery and friendship standing tall against evil, and is PlatinumGames’ most ambitious offering to date.
Hideki Kamiya, director of The Wonderful 101, has supervised this remaster and added numerous improvements to ensure that this game can be more easily and thoroughly enjoyed by all and on various platforms, and with improved visuals, framerate, and loading time for an enhanced experience on all fronts.
- Over 100 unique and dazzling, each with their own backstories and emblems!
- Change weapons in a flash with the “Unite Morph” system! Draw shapes to switch between swords, whips, hammers, and more to battle with strategy and flair!
- Unite Morphs can be more than just weapons! Build hang gliders and bridges to cross chasms, and bounce and blast your way to great heights! Use your smarts as well as your strength to solve puzzles and persevere!
- Don’t forget—a hero’s true calling is protection! Rescue the citizens you come across and your bravery will inspire them to UNITE UP! For a limited time, of course.
- Your missions will take around the world! Through cities, across the ocean floor, deep in the jungle, and to a host of exciting locations!
The Wonderful 101: Remastered launches digitally May 19th in North America, May 22nd in Europe, and June 11th in Japan, on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.
The Wonderful 101: Remastered launches physically June 30th in North America, July 3rd in Europe, and presumably June 11th in Japan, on Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.