Publisher Rocket Panda Games and co-developers MAGES. and GameLoop have announced the Phantom Breaker: Omnia release date is set for March 2022 on PC and consoles.
The Phantom Breaker: Omnia release date is set for March 15, 2022 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. The game was recently delayed to early 2022 from a previous general 2021 release.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Phantom Breaker Omnia is a massive update to Phantom Breaker: Extra, a 2D anime fighting game released only in Japan in 2011. For the first time in the series’ history, this chapter will be available to Western audiences including new characters, full HD graphics, and much more!
Phantom Breaker: Omnia will be the first fighting game title in the franchise to see a Western release after the successful 2013 launch of the 2D side-scrolling beat ’em up spin-off Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds which sold over 400,000 copies.
In the game, a mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appears in Tokyo, to manipulate vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as ‘Fu-mension Artifacts.’ In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive. The fierce clashes between these artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers
- 20 Characters – Includes all characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu , Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Three different fighting styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia – Drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics based on your choice.
- Complex combos returned and rebalanced – Pulling off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia’s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual language audio and more – A first on the Phantom Breaker series, all characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, remixed soundtrack – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The complete experience – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.