Mages and 5pb. have confirmed that Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive, an enhanced Playstation 4 version of the 2D beat-em-up game, is coming west.
The game will be coming to North America some time this summer, and it will cost $14.99. Featured above, a new trailer was revealed to showcase the game’s eight-level Story Mode, in which you can empower your characters and teach them new abilities.
Here’s the press blurb, via Mages:
- Story Mode: Battle through 8 deadly stages filled with crazy enemies. Level up your characters to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Arcade Mode: Test your skill for the best scores and times, and compare them against the world on global leaderboards.
- Co-op Mode: Play with up to 4 players with online and local multiplayer.
- Battleground Mode: Enjoy a fierce battle royale using your leveled up characters.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka, and Mikoto from Phantom Breaker, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Play as Makise Kurisu from popular anime and game series Steins;Gate, available as DLC at launch. (DLC available for $5.99.)
New PlayStation 4 Features
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization: Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos: Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes: Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items: Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music: Now leveled up by the PS4! Incredible arrangements with 8 FM synthesis tones and 1 ADPCM tone!
Finally, you can visit the game’s official website here.