Sega have announced Phantasy Star Online 2 is now available on Xbox One in North America, as well as the release date for Windows PC.
The announcement (via emailed press release) states the game can be downloaded now via the Microsoft Store. This includes English text and voices for all three years content that was previously exclusive to Japan.
Players can choose from four races and nine classes, then undertake missions and Xbox One achievements. Not to mention mini-games, meeting friends in the Alliance Quarters, or attending live stage events in-game. The press release also notes all progress from the betas will carry over.
To celebrate the launch, the following events will be running in game:
- “Every day between April 15th-23rd, ARKS Operatives will receive a special log-in bonus when they report for duty! The Half Scape Doll is able to sacrifice itself to revive players automatically if they become incapacitated on the battlefield – a real boost when fighting the Falspawn.
- ARKS who join an Alliance with at least four members before April 28th will receive a SG20 Ticket (x1). And members of Alliances that have earned at least 5,000 Alliance Points before April 28th will receive the collectable emote #269: Impromptu Tea Party!
- Two new Urgent Quests: ‘The Cunning Black Winged Vanguard’ & ‘The False Champion: Luther the Fallen’ begin this week.
- PSO2 Diva, Quna, returns for live concerts on Saturdays and Sundays!
- The Cherry Blossom season is coming to Phantasy Star Online 2 with a new look to the renowned Franca’s Café! Certain ARKS Ship lobbies will also change their appearances periodically.
- PSO2 is one of the first games to be included in Microsoft’s new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks program! All PSO2 players with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription will receive extra special goodies after their first log in, including an Xbox jacket and Xbox Controller accessory for their character to show off in-game. Additional Perks will be made available every month, such as bonus Half Scape Dolls and more.
- The ever-expanding catalog of outfits and accessories to collect and mix-and-match continues to grow with the introduction of the Heroic Wanderer AC Scratch Ticket.”
You can find the full run-down (via the official website) below:
WELCOME TO THE ORACLE FLEET
You are an ARKS Operative, a member of an elite task force dedicated to exploring inhospitable planets looking for signs of a dark corruption called the Falspawn. Join forces with allies from four distinct races and choose from nine classes —each with unique weapons and special abilities— and embark on endless challenging missions with friends!
UNPARALLELED ONLINE ACTION RPG
Experience the most responsive action combat system in an online RPG to date. With highly customizable attacks and abilities, PSO2’s combat encourages players to get creative in their battle strategy. Precision and skill determine the outcome of each combat situation, and with eighteen weapon types to choose from, you are never limited to just one playstyle.
ULTIMATE CHARACTER CREATOR
Discover one of the most powerful character creators ever made. With four races to choose from, customizing your ARKS Operative’s appearance is just the beginning. PSO2’s ever-expanding catalog of editable accessories and layered outfits to mix and match allows for countless possibilities, limited only by the extent of your imagination.
Download and play for free on Xbox One. Experience all that Phantasy Star Online 2 has to offer, with no level caps or blocked story content. A Never-Ending Quest Awaits You!
Phantasy Star Online 2 is available Windows PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo Switch in Japan. In North America, it is available on Xbox One, and late May on Windows PC. The physical edition launches April 23rd.
Image: Press Release