Publisher GalaxyTrail and developer Friend & Fairy have announced Petal Crash 2, a new arcade puzzler sequel.
Petal Crash 2 is in development for unspecified platforms and has a crowdfunding campaign set to launch in early 2024.
“The original arcade puzzler is back, and better than ever! With new arcade graphics, refined mechanics, built-in online play, and a brand new adventure mode, Petal Crash 2 takes everything great about the original and polishes it to puzzle perfection!”
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
Keeping everything great and unique about Petal Crash, while polishing the mechanics to a perfect shine, Petal Crash 2 is set to refine and elevate our original arcade puzzler! After 3 years of seeing Petal Crash enjoyed by an active community, we’re ready to take the next step!Petal Crash 2 will feature:
- New arcade-style graphics, with an aesthetic firmly planted in the Sega Saturn era!
- Refined gameplay mechanics, smoothing over old ‘corner case’ problems with diagonal movement!
- The return of all the original game modes – including the original story, with new, VN-like cutscenes!
- A brand new adventure mode, featuring its own unique rules and mind-boggling special attacks!
- Built-in online play in the game itself – and yes, it’ll have rollback!This is Friend & Fairy’s most ambitious project yet – so we’ll need all the support we can get to help this new game bloom! Supporters can get a backstage pass to development, special goods and rewards, and even leave their mark on the game itself!