Co-publishers GrabTheGame, UpgradePoint, and developer Turqoise Revival Games have revealed United Penguin Kingdom, a new penguin-themed city builder.
While its name may not be as clever as beaver city builder Timberborn, the new penguin builder is set to launch sometime in the first half of 2024, for PC (via Steam). A sizeable demo is available now, too.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
A city-building game where you build a penguin settlement and satisfy the various needs of your penguins while dealing with seals and killer whales. Enjoy the growth of your settlement, become the king, and lead the United Penguin Kingdom.
- Design your penguin settlement – Shape a settlement worthy of your penguins. Set up new energy generators to activate more houses, workplaces, and coolers. Build workplaces to produce materials, food, and medicine.
- Protect your settlement – Build defense towers against killer whales and thief seals. Killer whales attack your buildings and try to destroy them. Seals come to the food storages to steal food.
- Happy and educated penguins – Build some entertainment venues and let your penguins enjoy skating in the ice rinks, watching films at cinemas, playing video games in the game centers, racing in the karting tracks, exercising at gyms and in the fight clubs, visiting the museums, doing yoga, etc. Don’t forget to focus on the spirituality of your penguins and increase their happiness with shrines and wishing wells. Focus on education and provide enough seats for your penguins at schools, high schools, and libraries. Make a huddle-up call to gather all your penguins and celebrate together.
- Focus on economy – Please be careful with spending your gold and focus on finding ways to earn more. Purchase or make barter to reach rare resources, sell your products to increase wealth, and grow your settlement. If you become the king, you can use continuous trades with the help of your bazaars.
- Become the King – Reputation score is the overall evaluation of your settlement in the kingdom. Meet the requirements, improve your reputation, and cheer up your penguins to level up from a village to a king. Become the king to explore new lands, find new settlements, and decide their joining approval to the kingdom.