Pixel Reef have announced the release date Eric Chahi’s (Another World, Heart of Darkness, From Dust) Paper Beast heads to Windows PC via Steam.
As stated in the press release (via Games Press), players explore a new land of strange creatures made of paper. Save prey from predators, shape the environment and weather, protect the creatures from digital storms- all powered under a “unique extensive physics engine” that calculates the outcome in real time.
Players have access to an adventure mode (“to explore a dreamlike world”), and a sandbox mode that “approximates a god game experience, where experimentation and ecosystem play a major role.”
The Windows PC version will add new features, including continuous move support, improved graphics, unspecified gameplay tweaks, expanding the sandbox mode; along with more animals, plants, and items.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
An adventure and exploration game about wildlife in a dreamlike universe.
Somewhere in the abyssal depths of the internet, life has blossomed. Be the first to explore this virgin land where nature takes center stage. An unknown power seems to upset its balance. Join forces with intriguing and endearing creatures to solve the puzzles of Paper Beast.
Explore a colorful and whimsical universe born from the imagination of Eric Chahi, creator of Another World.
- Two game modes: the adventure and an immersive playground, the sandbox.
- Meet intelligent creatures, help them, protect them, use their extraordinary abilities: their behavior adapts to your actions.
- Shape the terrain, divert rivers, withstand storms to solve physical puzzles. Partner with the creatures to overcome obstacles.
- In the sandbox, explore a playground dedicated to experimentation.
- An original soundtrack combining the Japanese punk rock of TsuShiMaMire and the ambient style of Roly Porter.
Paper Beast is available on PlayStation VR (via PlayStation 4), and Summer 2020 on Windows PC (via Steam on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Valve Index).