Panzer Dragoon: Remake has launched today on Nintendo Switch, along with the announcement Limited Run Games will be producing a physical version of the game.
Revealed during a stealthily released Nintendo Direct Mini today, the game was confirmed to be a timed console exclusive.
We had not heard much about the game for several months, with the Winter 2019 Windows PC release being missed. We still have no information on when the game will be coming to other confirmed platforms. Whether “this winter” now means Winter 2020 is unconfirmed.
A remake of the 1995 Sega Saturn game, players control a mighty dragon in this rail shooter, attempting to reach the tower through a swarm of giant bugs and enemy battleships.
Update: Limited Run Games have also announced they will be doing a physical version of the game. Pre-orders begin March 27th, and last four weeks. In addition to the regular edition, a Classic Edition is also being produced.
This Classic Edition contains the game, along with the following:
- “Limited Run #67: Panzer Dragoon (Switch) with booklet and full-color interior print.
- Retro Sega Saturn long box jewel case with foam insert to hold the Switch case inside.
- Long-box format instruction manual and exclusive production booklet.”
You can find the full rundown (via Nintendo) below.
A new, remade version of the Panzer Dragoon game – true to the original, with improved graphics and controls, that suit modern gaming standards!
On a far, lone planet, you encounter two dragons awaken from the ancient times. Armed with a deadly gun from the past, and the guidance of your armored blue dragon, you must fulfill your destiny and keep the Prototype Dragon from reaching the Tower or die trying.
- Pilot through seven unbelievably realistic levels ranging from tropical blue ocean cities to intricate subterranean ruins.
- Fight the Prototype Dragon who appears together with evil giant dragonflies, frightening man-sized wasps, giant sandworms, and lethal flying battleships.
- Attack approaching from all sides enemies quickly and without mercy, with improved 360-degree controls and lock-on targeting.
Panzer Dragoon: Remake is available now on Nintendo Switch, and is coming soon to Windows PC (via Steam).