Publisher Square Enix and developer People Can Fly have announced Outriders launch issues are being addressed, with People Can Fly ready to share “specific details” on why the game’s servers were unusable and how they’re remedying the issues.
“Absolutely. We’re still continually working through it all, but we’re hoping to in the near future share more specific details about whats going on and what we’ve been doing about it,” the developer said on Twitter when responding to fans asking how the Outriders launch issues were being addressed quickly, and over a holiday (Easter) weekend.
As Outriders is an online-only game, its popularity simply and presumably overloaded their server infrastructure, leaving many fans unable to play the game at all. Our own reviewer struggled to play the game at all with the servers basically unusable since its launch and leading into the weekend.
In case you missed it, you can find our thorough hands-on preview for the Outriders here. Our thorough review for Outriders is coming shortly as well – stay tuned.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below:
OUTRIDERS is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe.
As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you’ll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.
With rich storytelling spanning a diverse world, you’ll leave behind the slums and shanty towns of the First City and traverse forests, mountains and desert in the pursuit of a mysterious signal.
Combining intense gunplay with violent powers and an arsenal of increasingly twisted weaponry and gear-sets, OUTRIDERS offers countless hours of gameplay from one of the finest shooter developers in the industry – People Can Fly.
- INTENSITY OF A SHOOTER, DEPTH OF AN RPG – OUTRIDERS’ brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid.
- A DARK AND DESPERATE JOURNEY – Discover the hostile planet of Enoch as you embark on a journey to the source of a mysterious signal.
- DYNAMIC 1-3 PLAYER CO-OP – Play single-player or join up to two friends in drop-in drop-out co-op as you tackle the horrors of a hyper-evolved planet.
- FOUR UNIQUE CLASSES – Create and customise your own Outrider and choose from four unique classes each with its own skill tree to define your own playstyle.
- SCAVENGE & ADAPT – Customise and upgrade your Outrider with countless items of mod-able guns and gear, as you leave humanity behind.
Outriders is now available across Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X+S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Stadia. A playable demo for the game is currently available.