Publisher Square Enix and developer People Can Fly have announced a delay for Outriders.
The cooperative multiplayer shooter fill forgo its planned holiday 2020 release for one a bit later, on February 2nd, 2021. The game will launch across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. A Google Stadia version is planned for later in 2021. If you buy the game on PS4 or Xbox One you’ll get the next-gen upgrades free.
To make up for the delay, Square Enix confirmed Outriders will get full cross-play and even cross-generation play, meaning players on PC, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, and PS5 can all play together.
“We’re very happy to announce that we can offer full cross-play support and a free next-gen upgrade plan for Outriders players,” Square Enix External Studios co-head of studio Jon Brooke said in a press release. “The great thing about this system is that even if you’re not picking up your PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X quite yet, we’ve got you covered and there’s no need to wait. If you buy the current-gen version of Outriders, we’ll give you the next-gen version for free.”
Square Enix External Studios co-head of studio Lee Singleton added, “We’re taking a little bit longer to ensure players have the best possible experience with Outriders, we’re also including new features like cross-play which will make our game much more accessible on all platforms.”
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
OUTRIDERS is a 1-3 player co-op RPG shooter set in an original, dark and desperate sci-fi universe.
As mankind bleeds out in the trenches of Enoch, you’ll create your own Outrider and embark on a journey across the hostile planet.
With rich storytelling spanning a diverse world, you’ll leave behind the slums and shanty towns of the First City and traverse forests, mountains and desert in the pursuit of a mysterious signal.
Combining intense gunplay with violent powers and an arsenal of increasingly twisted weaponry and gear-sets, OUTRIDERS offers countless hours of gameplay from one of the finest shooter developers in the industry – People Can Fly.
- INTENSITY OF A SHOOTER, DEPTH OF AN RPG – OUTRIDERS’ brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid.
- A DARK AND DESPERATE JOURNEY – Discover the hostile planet of Enoch as you embark on a journey to the source of a mysterious signal.
- DYNAMIC 1-3 PLAYER CO-OP – Play single-player or join up to two friends in drop-in drop-out co-op as you tackle the horrors of a hyper-evolved planet.
- FOUR UNIQUE CLASSES – Create and customise your own Outrider and choose from four unique classes each with its own skill tree to define your own playstyle.
- SCAVENGE & ADAPT – Customise and upgrade your Outrider with countless items of mod-able guns and gear, as you leave humanity behind.