Developer Glumberland announced their farming sim Ooblets is coming to Switch.
The game is a mix of a farming sim, similar to that of games like Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons. And creature collection, similar to Pokémon. Though battling is nothing like that popular franchise, instead being more akin to a dance system based on cards.
Here’s a new trailer:
The game drew fan backlash when it was announced it would be an Epic Store Exclusive. The situation between the developers and fans even prompted a response from Epic Game themselves.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
New friends are plentiful in Ooblets! Spend your days renovating your farm, raising weird little pals, participating in dance-offs, designing your house, and helping the mayor save Badgetown!
- Customize your character’s style with a variety of unique outfits and accessories
- Grow otherworldly crops on your farm, craft treats, and sell them in town
- Build your own team of ooblets to participate in card-based dance battles, level up, and unlock new moves
- Daily challenges, dance tournaments, townsfolk quests, and badges will keep you very busy
- Give gifts and make friends with the kinda-odd residents of Badgetown
- Start with a rundown shack and turn it into a beautiful home with tons of decor and furniture options
- Run your own shop in town selling items you’ve crafted and collected
- Play a plethora of pleasant minigames
- Help the mayor save the town, and unlock the secrets of Oob along the way
- Explore a bunch of regions, like the arcade-filled boardwalk in Port Forward, the spooky swamps of Nullwhere, and the frozen peaks of Tippytop
- (and you can pet the ooblets)