Publisher PM Studios and developer 0801 LLC have announced No Longer Human, a “high-energy cybergoth” action game they’re describing as a “fuck ’em up”, and its coming in 2022.
No Longer Human is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) and unconfirmed consoles sometime in 2022. The game has you playing as a once-famous vocaloid idol turned cyberdemon. The game will be playable for the first time at this year’s PAX West.
Here’s the very epilepsy-inducing debut trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
No longer human is a high-energy cybergoth action fvck-em-up with expressive, freeform combat that encourages aggressive, and stylish play. Set in the near future, brain-computer interfaces have become as commonplace as mobile phones, allowing users to submerge themselves entirely into the metaverse and abandon the physical world altogether.
You assume the role of Tsunono, the once world famous vocaloid idol turned cyberdemon, on her destructive path to total world domination. Become the cartographer of your own reality and cut down anyone who gets in your way in this surreal, Lynchian adventure down to the bedrock of the collective human psyche.
- Aggressively up-tempo and freeform combat that incentivizes stylish play, like a cross between Devil May Cry and Smash Bros. Deliberately designed to cultivate speedrunning and be played repeatedly.
- Upgradable moveset and special attacks.
- Unique art style celebrating the intrinsic aesthetics of LED screens and malfunctioning software.
- Abrasive digital hardcore soundtrack that drives the action– the soundtrack features a few recognizable artists that will be announced in the coming months.
- Strong focus on a surreal sci-fi narrative