Square Enix has announced the first downloadable content for NieR: Automata.
The new content will include both costumes based on the original NieR, new sub-quests, as well as three new colosseums, to celebrate the game shipping over one million copies.
The new content, titled appropriately “3C3C1D119440927,” will launch on May 2nd in Japan with a “coming soon” window for North America and Europe. Featured above as well as below, you can find new artwork and screenshots for the DLC:
Upon completing the new quests, players can earn new rewards, including:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
Here’s a pair of gameplay trailers for the new costume DLC and the coliseum:
In case you missed it, you can find our thorough written and video review for NieR: Automata here (we highly recommend it!).