The NicheCast is Niche Gamer’s weekly podcast where we talk up the latest gaming news and events, as well as unique games, niche games, weird games, whatever you want to call them—we love them and we know you love them as well. We only cover these games on our regular feed, and we only cover them on our podcast, too.
Niche News of the Week
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Announced for PC and Consoles
- Take-Two CEO: Gamers Are “Ready” for $70 Price on Video Games
- Gothic Remake Being Developed by THQ Nordic’s Alkimia Interactive
- Xbox Game Pass is Adding 20 Bethesda Softworks Games on March 12 and Microsoft: We’ll Support Multiplatform Bethesda Softworks Titles but Goal is Exclusive Games for Xbox Game Pass
- Former Hogwarts Legacy Senior Producer Troy Leavitt Retired to Help Family; WB Games Supportive, Biased Articles Played No Part
- Chinese-Blacklisted Horror Game Devotion Returns to Sale via Red Candle Games’ Website
- Bloodborne Executive Producer Masami Yamamoto Announces Departure from Sony Japan Studio
- Some Balan Wonderworld Demo Feedback to be Addressed with Day One Patch
- Octopath Traveler Heads to Xbox on March 25, Also on Xbox Game Pass
- Intel Puts “I’m a Mac” Guy in New Ad Campaign Praising PCs, Making Fun of Macs
- Nobuo Uematsu ‘Could Have Made His Last Soundtrack’ With New RPG Fantasian
- Dying Light 2 Gets March 2021 Dev Update Video
- PS5 Next-Gen VR Controllers Revealed
- Square Enix and Luminous Productions Re-Reveal Project Athia as Forspoken, Launches in 2022
Topic of the Week
The current state of Sony and PlayStation, has the company fallen from grace, and abandoned their roots and what made the company great? Are their recent moves and acquisitions bad compared to Microsoft and Nintendo? We take a deep dive into Sony’s past and discuss where they did things right and possibly where things have gone wrong. Can the once-edgy and bold company return to what made them definitely win two console generations?
You can find the podcast below via the following platforms:
We’re also beaming our podcast out to other platforms now, including RSS, iTunes, Spotify, and more soon to come. Here’s our public-facing pages with our previous episodes:
Please Leave Feedback and Ask Us Questions
Please write in to Contact @ Niche Gamer (click to open a new message with your preferred email provider) with any questions, comments, music recommendations, and so on that you guys have. We will respond to any emails we get on the air during the next show!
The Niche-Cast is a regular podcast we host where we talk up the latest news, topics, and more with our staff. Please let us know if there’s stuff you want us to discuss!