Today’s Niche Spotlight is Vigil: The Longest Night, a 2D action-platformer by Glass Heart Games and Another Indie.
Help Leila save her hometown from a creeping evil infestation, that has engulfed the countryside in a world that blends elements of Lovecraft with Taiwanese folklore. Upgrade Leila with new skills, weapons, and abilities as you fight grotesque enemies and bosses. The game also features multiple endings based on your choices.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Vigil: The Longest Night is available on Windows PC (via Steam), and Nintendo Switch for $21.99 USD.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Brutal Combat and Cosmic Horror
Vigil: The Longest Night is a 2D action platformer with precise, technical combat and a strong narrative. Inspired by Salt and Sanctuary and Castlevania, Vigil: The Longest Night aims to challenge players with its difficulty while compelling them with a tale of eldritch horror. Follow Leila on her quest to save her hometown from the creeping evil infesting the surrounding countryside. Navigate a world that wanders between dream and reality, sanity and madness, and uncover the secret of the longest night and the monstrous entities invading their world.
- Experiment with 4 types of weapon and multiple varieties of each type.
- A number of unique items to suit how you play
- A fusion of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture
- Complex Skill Tree to create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Unique art style inspired by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting
- Brutal Enemies with multiple methods of attack and surprising attacks
- Explore dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests
- Meet the residents of Leila’s hometown as they struggle in world of maddening darkness
- Battle a host of hideous bosses from the depths of your nightmares
- Multiple endings to unravel
- Music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of metal band Whispered
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!