Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer.
Today’s Niche Spotlight is Unsighted, a top-down action-RPG by Studio Pixel Punk and Humble Games.
The automaton Alma has awoken in the ruined world of Arcadia, following a devastating war between humanity and her fellow automatons. Even worse, she quickly learns that Anima, the substance that gives automatons their sentience, is disappearing from the world. If an automaton runs out of Anima, they turn into one of the Unsighted; a mindless killing machine that lashes out at anyone or anything nearby.
Explore the world of Arcadia and interact with Alma’s friends, all of whom only have a limited amount of time left before they become an Unsighted that Alma will have to put down. Upgrade Alma with an arsenal of ranged and melee weapons, along with chips that can unlock new abilities and perks.
Unsighted has multiple endings depending on how you interact with your dying friends, and how long you take to complete quests and explore the world. You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Traverse Arcadia your way. Save your friends. Time is ticking.
Alma is an Automaton that awakens to a world in ruin after the war with the humans. Anima, the resource that gives Automatons sentience, is running out and turning Alma’s friends into mindless killing machines, the UNSIGHTED.
- EXPLORE YOUR WAY – The world of Arcadia is massive and ripe for exploration, with many shortcuts to discover and maps both above and below the surface of the world. When one path seems too tricky, find new uses for familiar weapons and tools.
- RICH AND VARIED COMBAT – Build your perfect loadout to suit your playstyle. UNSIGHTED allows players to equip weapons in various ways, from dual-wielding swords to shuriken and shotgun combinations. Alma will need to use perfectly timed combat actions to trigger faster reload speeds or a massively damaging parry to survive in the city.
- CRAFT AND UPGRADE – Upgrade Alma through an extensive upgrade tree via chips you’ll find throughout your journey. Chips can be crafted or discovered, and each offers different bonus effects. Experiment with nearly limitless builds from the fast and efficient to the powerful and stylish.
- CHOICES MATTER – Alma’s withering life force ticks away in real-time and is the driving factor in the story of UNSIGHTED. Tarry too long in one spot, and you may find that critical NPCs have already become Unsighted before you meet them. Save or drain other Automatons of their anima for your survival. The constant passage of time can result in vastly different endings and allows for further playthroughs to stay fresh and exciting.
- HIGHLY REPLAYABLE + CO-OP – In addition to the main story UNSIGHTED also features additional challenge modes, BOSS RUSH and DUNGEON RAID. You can also bring a friend along your journey through Arcadia through full-featured CO-OP.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!