Editor’s Note: This article contains affiliate links to GamersGate. Buying a game through these links supports Niche Gamer.
Today’s Niche Spotlight is Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion, a top-down action-adventure game by Snoozy Kazoo and Graffiti Games.
You play as a troublemaking turnip boy, who has been evicted after failing to pay his taxes. Embark on a quest to repay your debt to Mayor Onion, while also tearing down the corrupt vegetable government system.
Solve puzzles, harvest crops, fight giant animals that are terrorizing your vegetable community, and tear up evidence that can expose your tax fraud. The game features multiple endings based on how effectively you commit tax evasion.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Take control of an adorable turnip who happens to be an absolute menace to society. After failing to pay taxes and getting evicted from your home, you must go on an epic quest to pay back your massive debt to Mayor Onion. Garden tools to solve plantastic puzzles, meet eccentric vegetables and fruits, and take on treacherous fights against animals both big and small. Along the journey uncover what’s spoiling this garden community and rise to tear down the corrupt vegetable government!
- A thrilling, single-player adventure full of tax evasion, petty crimes and more.
- Dungeons full of puzzles, enemies and rare treasures to pay back your debt.
- Battle massive beasts that terrorize the garden community.
- Grow and harvest plants to aid in your journey.
- A large cast of quirky food-based characters, all with their own stories and problems.
- Tons of tax documents to rip up, allowing you to erase your paper trail and potentially destroy the government.
- Earn collectible hats and alternate between which one to wear.
- Multiple endings based on how effectively you commit tax evasion.
- A deep history of the world and how it became what it is.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!