Today’s Niche Spotlight is Trail Out, a destruction-filled arcade racing game by Good Boys and Crytivo.
Inspired by classics like FlatOut, Trail Out is a fast-paced arcade racing game full of crashes, explosions, and destruction. Play through adrenaline-fueled game modes like standard races, destruction derbies, stunt driving, and an escape mode where a helicopter guns down anyone in last place.
Trail Out features 40 cars from various weight classes and eras, each of which can be turned into indistinguishable wrecks with the game’s physics engine. Trail Out also features multiplayer for up to 4 players via split screen and Steam’s Remote Play feature.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Trail Out is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Welcome to the festival of explosive races, TRAIL OUT!
You’re in for a mad race in different parts of the world, your main goal is to live to the finish line and take the main cup of the festival! Exploding cars, flying and screaming drivers, the hype from the fans, and unseen destruction around the entire track – it’s all waiting for you here! Relive the story of racer Mihalych, a simple story where you’ll try to take the main cup of the festival by defeating all the bosses in unique battles.
You are expected:
- Up to 40 cars in different classes, different eras, and different conditions
- 45 different tracks, from big-city tracks with lots of destruction, derby arenas and to dangerous tracks with crossroads
- 8 different modes including various race modes, derbies, stunts, and non-traditional game modes
- Running on Unreal Engine 4, providing modern, customizable graphics and physics
- Boss duel system – Defeat them on their own turf in a race than a derby event with various dangers
- Build cars from the ground up at the junkyard and improve them to perfection
- Acquire fans during races and by doing challenges to unlock additional cars
- Simplistic storyline with Mihalych, the main character, with in-game cutscenes
- Play with up to 4 friends in Split-Screen
- Adrenaline licensed soundtrack
- Game updates that will provide additional content over time
- Cross – Race on tracks where halfway through you might encounter opponents coming the other way
- Rush – Race on larger tracks where you have to fight your way to the finish line
- Derby Classic – Classic destruction derby – last one standing wins
- Derby Domination – Fight opponents to score points where the winner is the one with the highest score
- Hunter – Destroy as many cars as you can, defeating your opponent’s high score
- No Time – Drive on a difficult section in time with special vehicles
- Stunts – Various mini-games, such as, bowling, darts
- Escape – Escape the armed aircraft that destroys anyone in the last place
Defeat the Blacklist bosses in a duel to move up the Blacklist. Defeat them in:
- Catch me up – A special race on tracks from the member’s home turf
- Derby Duel – A one-on-one destruction derby, but we warned – they have brought backup!
About the game:
- Damage the car to an incomprehensible piece of junk, with the possibility of losing wheels, flying out of the window, and even exploding
- Building cars from the ground up from parts at the junkyard, collecting licenses from the bosses as you advance through your career
- Car improvements, bodywork, engine, wheels, nitrous oxide, paint, license plates, and more
- Alter Mihalych’s appearance and improve his garage during his journey
- Put up your records on a world leaderboard, such as lap times, props destroyed, and more
- Play with up to four players in Split-Screen on either the same PC or via Steam Together
We’re waiting for you on the roads of the TRAIL OUT festival! This will be your last ever festival!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!