Today’s Spotlight is Soda Dungeon 2, a semi-idle dungeon crawler by AN Productions, Poxpower, and Armor Games Studios.
Much like the original, Soda Dungeon 2 is a laid-back dungeon crawler about assembling parties of adventurers and sending them out on quests to fight the forces of evil, and amass large piles of legendary loot.
In addition to offering an all-new adventure, Soda Dungeon 2 features an expanded upgrade system that allows you to build up an entire town for adventurers. You can also craft tons of new items and gear, and set custom AI patterns for your party.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Soda Dungeon 2 is free-to-play on Windows PC, Mac (both via Steam), Android, and iOS.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Your favorite fizzy dungeon crawler is back! The Dark Lord has locked all sorts of legendary items, loot, and goodies up in his castle behind a seemingly endless guard of monsters, traps, and treachery. Daunting? Not for you— You’ll be safe in the tavern hiring Soda Junkies to do the dirty work for you. Take the loot they bring back to upgrade your tavern, town, and armory to attract stronger adventurers, then repeat. Build your town, assemble a mighty team, and see if you can make it through the dungeon to the next dimension and beyond.
Along the way your band of merry, soda-fueled minions will encounter trumpeting skeletons, angry chefs, Dark Lords, Darker Lords, and a fairy that is just really, really trying her best. The only thing they won’t find is timers, lives systems, or a paywall. Everything can be bought with in-game currency because that’s just the Soda Dungeon way.
NEW IN SD2
- Custom AI Patterns! – Sick of dumb-as-rocks NPC allies? We are too. Create custom behaviors for you party using Soda Script! Even when you’re not looking over their shoulders they’re doing exactly what you want.
- Craft Gear – Craft new armor and weapons for the adventurers you hire. Find rare materials deep within the Dark Lord’s castle to make all new items.
- Play While AFK – Have a life outside Soda Dungeon? No problem. Earn Battle Credits while you’re away and redeem them for loot when you come back. Even when you’re not playing, you’re gathering resources!
- Build Your Home Base – Assembling the best party will take more than a tavern this time around. Build a blacksmith forge, a wizard’s shop, an arena, and more to unlock your party’s true potential.
- Always More To Do – We heard you. You wanted more mountains to climb. You wanted more goals to accomplish. You… wanted to help people clear rodents from their property ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Lucky you, because the NPCs in Soda Dungeon 2 are ready to cough up strangely valuable rewards in exchange for completing an assortment of side-quests!
If you find yourself asking ‘What’s a Soda Dungeon’ This is the section for you!
Soda Dungeon is a turn-based dungeon crawler where you recruit a team of adventurers to raid dungeons on your behalf. With the loot they find you’ll build up your town, attract better heroes, and find out just how deep the dungeon-hole goes.
- Experiment with Confidence – Mix and match classes, try out loads of gear, and send them off to fight. But fear not, everyone comes home safe with all your hard-earned loot. Defeat is just part of the game :)
- Free and Fair – Everything can be earned with in-game currency. No loot boxes. But if you want to level up a little faster, we may have some special upgrades for you to peruse.
- Cross-Platform Play – Play on your mobile phone, tablet, or Steam and take your save file with you wherever you feel like playing. We’re told it’s in “the cloud”.
- Optional Auto-Combat – Feeling lazy? We get that. Set up your party, flip on the auto-combat and let the spoils of battle roll in. You deserve a break.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!