This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Shift Quantum, a puzzle game by Fishing Cactus that came out a few months back.
The game is set in a black and white world where players move special blocks around and “shift” between the two colors to reach the end of the level. You can check out a trailer above.
One of the game’s big highlights is the built-in level editor and cross platform community sharing, allowing console and PC players to distribute levels to each other. Shift Quantum just received a big update that includes 3 new types of blocks, 30 new levels, and improved community level filtering.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
In this one of a kind puzzle platformer, tease your brain with a unique mechanic called Shifting. Create negative space by inverting the black and white world to transform barriers into escape routes.
Shift the world, twist your environment, bend your mind to unveil its secrets and solve each brain-drilling level. Make use of all special gameplay blocks to overcome obstacles and get to the exit to find the happiness you have been searching for and promised by Axon Vertigo, the secret company behind the Shift Quantum brain program.
Make use of the embedded level editor to create your own custom levels and publish them to the community, then play an unlimited amount of community levels coming from all platforms, STEAM, PS4, Xbox and Switch!
Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
- Stylish black and white game world set in a cerebral cyber reality
- 8 new and unique gameplay elements to challenge your brain with puzzle and action mechanics
- A brand new story based on a mysterious AI controlled character
- Solo content with over 100 unique levels that will test your abilities like never before
- An easy-to-use, fully fledged cross-platforms level editor allowing you to create your own levels
- Share and play levels from other platforms (Xbox one, Playstation 4 and Switch)
- Level creation contests, speedruns and weekly votes for top levels and showcase
- Astounding cyber-noir soundtrack to Shift Quantum created by Volkor X and Simon Felix.
- Controller and keyboard support
- Big picture support
- Steam achievements and leaderboards
- Cloud save progression
- 4K Supported
- Steam Controller supported
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!