Today’s Niche Spotlight is Queen’s Wish 2: The Tormentor, the latest old school CRPG by Spiderweb Software.
Queen’s Wish 2: The Tormentor is the follow-up to 2019’s Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror. Your mother, the dread Queen of Haven, is desperately ill, forcing you to travel to the savage wilderness of Rokaj. This harsh land is constantly on the verge of rebellion, and the current state of the Empire could be the tipping point that pushes it to revolution.
Explore and tame the lands of Rokaj as you face would-be assassins, barbarian tribes, and corrupt officials within the Empire itself. Establish fortresses in the wilderness, and expand them with new facilities and upgrades. Complete quests and fight vicious enemies in tactical turn-based battles across a roughly 50-hour main storyline.
You can find a trailer for Queen’s Wish 2 below:
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
You are a child of the dread Queen of the mighty empire of Haven. Alas, your life of happy luxury has been stripped from you. The Queen, your mother, is desperately ill, so you have been forced to travel to the savage Rokaj. It is a poor and brutal land of warriors, constantly prone to rebellion.
You find yourself in the middle of a vicious power struggle, between your masters back home and the raiders and assassins of the wilderness. A rebellion is brewing. If you can’t prove yourself and master the wild Ro, it will be a bloody disaster. Can you take control of your Empire’s lands? And what will you do with them once you have it?
Explore a vast nation full of cities, forts, and dungeons. Fight clever, carefully designed turn-based battles. Deal with misbehaving vassals with bribery, diplomacy, or violence. Build new forts and customize them, choosing among upgrades that give your adventurers powerful bonuses. Experience with other Queen’s Wish games is not necessary to enjoy Queen’s Wish 2.
Queen’s Wish 2: The Tormentor features:
- Epic fantasy adventure with over 50 hours of gameplay.
- Open-ended story in the barbarian lands of the Rokaj. Make the choices you want, and enjoy the terrifying consequences.
- Suspenseful tactical combat. Select from sixty different abilities. Build and rebuild your warriors to face rapidly changing foes.
- Gain strength with a unique fortress system. Build and equip fortresses. Customize your Empire to gain power or please the locals.
- Explore (Conquer?) an enormous outdoors and a huge variety of dungeons and enemy fortresses.
- Not just orcs and elves. Explore one of the fascinating, detailed worlds that make Spiderweb Software adventures unique.
- Over 100 quests and hundreds of magical artifacts to hunt for.
Enjoy a new adventure from Spiderweb Software, now celebrating 28 years of making fine indie fantasy role-playing goodness.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!