This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Praetorians – HD Remaster, an updated re-release of the classic RTS by Pyro Studios, Torus Games, and Kalypso Media.
This remastered version features improved controls, HD resolutions, and for the first time, console ports on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Fight your way through a 20-mission campaign set across Egypt, Gaul, and Italy to become the next Emperor of Rome.
The game features three playable factions, each of which have their own unique historical units and combat formations. You can check out the Gamescom 2019 trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Praetorians – HD Remaster
- The celebrated real-time strategy classic, re-imagined in high definition with reworked controls and UI
- Three different armies, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses: Gauls, Egyptians and the Roman Legions
- Over 20 campaign missions set in Egypt, Gaul and Italy
- Unique sets of abilities and formations for different unit types and characters
- Make use of different terrains and landscapes to plan your battles
Relive the celebrated real-time strategy classic Praetorians, re-imagined in high definition.
Praetorians is set amidst the political machinations of an emerging Roman Empire. Prove your worth on the battlefields of Egypt, the combat theaters of Gaul and finally the heart of the Empire itself in Italy, in the crusade to become Emperor.
Your quest will not be an easy one, as the Empire is heavily defended by thousands of different troop types and war machines, all with special skills and individual strengths. To emerge victorious, you’ll need to learn to combine your units and exploit the weaknesses of your enemies. But beware – the closer you get to the Emperor, the closer you get to facing the Praetorian Guard – the most powerful and deadly fighting force in the Empire!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!