Today’s Niche Spotlight is POSTAL: Brain Damaged, a retro-inspired shooter by Hyperstrange, CreativeForge Games, and Running With Scissors.
POSTAL: Brain Damaged is a new take on the cult hit shooter known for its crude humor and gratuitous violence. POSTAL: Brain Damaged takes the tone of the earlier Postal games and blends it with an over-the-top ’90s-inspired retro boomer shooter.
Delve into the nonsensical and completely degenerate mind of the Postal Dude as you fight absurd enemies with an arsenal of even more absurd weapons. POSTAL: Brain Damaged is available on Windows PC via GOG and Steam for $19.99.
You can find the launch trailer below:
You can find the rundown below:
POSTAL: Brain Damaged
Get ready to experience POSTAL from a brand-new perspective! This boomer-shooter spin-off of the fan-beloved Running With Scissors’ franchise will take you further down the rabbit hole than any previous game of the series. You’re not in Paradise anymore, and things are about to get weird, as POSTAL: Brain Damaged happens within the twisted psyche of the POSTAL DUDE, himself!
Wild setting? Even wilder gameplay! While staying true to POSTAL’S trademark tone and humor the game plays very different to all the previous titles in the series. What you get is fast, challenging, and full of varied, meticulously designed enemies and environments. If you’re surfing the tidal wave of throwback shooters or enjoyed the latest installment of that game where you single-handily take on the forces of Hell invading Earth, you will feel right at home (even more so if your home smells really bad).
Make sure your body is ready to:
- Explore an all-new, hand-crafted world full of surprises
- Experience the challenging, fast-paced gameplay with quake-like movement and outrageous level design
- Take a trip through the rich, twisted, ever-changing environments of POSTAL DUDE’S deranged mind
- Shoot a variety of insane guns at some of the freakiest enemies to ever grace computer screens
- Follow the all-original story line making the POSTAL-VERSE continuity even more effed-up than it was
- Hear Corey Cruise returning as the POSTAL DUDE, with guest appearances from other fan-beloved voices
- Enjoy the POSTAL series trademark dark, crude humor and glorification of fantasy violence
It’s a mad game for the mad times, kids! From the studio that brought you ELDERBORN and Blood West, comes the first-person shooter you didn’t know you need in your life – POSTAL: Brain Damaged.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!