Today’s Niche Spotlight is Override 2: Super Mech League, a mecha brawler by Modus Studios Brazil and Modus Games.
The Earth safe following the events of the last game, and humanity’s robot defenders have been repurposed; creating a new spectator sport as millions of fans watch their favorite mechs punch each other in elaborate arenas.
Start as a rookie pilot and work your way up the ranks, earning sponsorships, fame, and fortune as your wins accumulate. You can also beat up your friends in a variety of competitive and co-op modes, both online and locally.
One of Override 2‘s big highlights is that the developers acquired the license for the Netflix Ultraman series. Characters from the series will regularly be added as DLC that can be bought individually, through the Season Pass, or as part of the deluxe edition of the game.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Override 2: Super Mech League is available on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X for $29.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The gigantic robot brawler is Mech-ing a super-charged comeback in Override 2: Super Mech League!
Seven years after the Xenotypes that invaded Earth have been eradicated, the giant mechs that were once the planet’s defenders are now their entertainers in global mech battle leagues. As a new pilot of these repurposed weapons of war, climb the ranks and represent your Club with a tuned-up roster of returning and new mechs, each with their own unique abilities, moves, and super-charged attacks. Override 2: Super Mech League is playable both in single player and multiplayer campaigns for up to 4 players locally and online in stages set all over the world.
Start as a new pilot and propel yourself through the ranks in a deep and robust Career Mode. Join Mech Leagues and earn reputation by competing in Arenas located across the globe. Duke it out with a tuned-up roster of returning robots and new mechs across various versus and co-op game modes of up to 4 players online and locally. Defeat your opponents using an arsenal of unique moves including super-charged ranged attacks, metal-busting combos, or an arena-shattering ultimate attack!
- Career Mode: Fight in Mech Leagues and soar to new heights, aiming to be the best mech pilot. Represent your Club and work together with its members to earn Influence and rewards!
- Ranked Rumbles: Two Mechs enter, one leaves. Battle through the competition and climb the ranks to become a legendary pilot.
- Mech Mania: 20 playable robots including brand-new mechs with unique abilities, skill sets, and Ultimate moves.
- Hazardous Arenas: Competitive fighting grounds that include dynamic elements such as geysers, lava pools, and platforms that encourage strategy and unexpected outcomes.
- Upgraded Game Modes: Pick your playstyle across match types including 1v1, 2v2, free-for-all and several games such as Xenoswarm, King of the Hill and more.
- Expansive Customizations: Unlock a slew of cosmetic items and attachments for your mech of choice in the Garage.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!