Today’s Spotlight is Necrobarista, a paranormal visual novel by Route 59, Coconut Island Games, and Playism.
The visual novel is set in a hidden back alley coffee shop in Melbourne. In this mysterious coffee shop, the dead are given one last chance to interact with the living before passing on to the afterlife. Players help the living come to terms, and the dead pass over.
You can find the game’s launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
“This is a story about death and coffee.”
Inspired equally by film and anime, Necrobarista is a unique take on the visual novel medium. Follow a dynamic and diverse cast of characters as they navigate Melbourne’s hipstery coffee culture, the questionable ethics of necromancy, and the process of letting go.
- Stylized, fully 3D cinematic presentation that draws from anime aesthetics.
- Soundtrack by Kevin Penkin, BAFTA-nominated composer for Florence, Made in Abyss, and Norn9.
- Delve into the world of the Terminal and fantasy Melbourne through free-roaming first-person scenes.
- Featuring goon-sack robots, alchemical coffee, and Australian folk hero Ned Kelly.
- Support for fourteen languages, including Korean, Arabic, and Russian.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!