This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Niche Spotlight is about Lightfield HYPER Edition, a revamped version of Lost in the Garden’s neon-infused futuristic parkour racing game that came out at the end of July.
In Lightfield, players race using anti-gravity hovercraft through massive sci-fi tracks. The levels are packed with secrets and shortcuts, encouraging you to scale walls, ceilings, tunnels, and any other suitable surface you can find to get ahead of your competition.
You can find Lightfield HYPER Edition on Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, and Xbox One for $14.99. Featured above, you can find the original launch trailer for the game.
Lightfield‘s electronic soundtrack was composed by the Viennese musician Zanshin to complement its colorful, surreal visuals. The HYPER Edition features tons of new content, including additional campaign levels, split screen multiplayer for up to four players, and a trick system. There’s also online multiplayer for up to six racers.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Lightfield HYPER Edition is a creative exploration racer, in which you discover futuristic racing tracks and leave the boundaries behind in parkour-inspired precision racing.
Lightfield encourages players to utilise every aspect of their surroundings as they master their anti-gravity spaceships, scaling walls, sci-fi skyscrapers, ceilings and more to find the perfect racing line. Explore the worlds beyond the track boundaries and lose yourself in the aesthetics of the striking environments, abstract architecture and futuristic soundscapes of the hard-hitting electronic soundtrack by Zanshin.
The new HYPER Edition features solo play, online multiplayer and a couch split-screen mode. Moreover, it features a host of new content, from new a new campaign to an all-new trick system, a photo mode and stunning enhanced visuals.
- EXPLORE, SPIN, SOAR: Utilise your anti-gravity ship to traverse any surface you see as you seek the perfect racing line
- A RACE LIKE NO OTHER: Combine thoughtful track exploration with skillful tricks and smooth cruising as you cruise through your hyper-futuristic surrounds
- TAKE IT ALL IN: Let the stunning sci-fi aesthetics wash over you as you drift through abstract architecture in your race to the top
- DIFFERENT GAME MODES: Choose from three hypnotic game modes: campaign, multiplayer and the photo mode
- MULTIPLAYER: Compete in online 6 player races or play in local multiplayer splitscreen for up to 4 players
- SINK INTO THE SOUNDS: Tune in to the dreamlike beats of the soundtrack carefully crafted by Viennese electronic musician Zanshin
- NEW HYPER EDITION FEATURES: Packed full of new content, from new campaign and competitive local multiplayer modes to an all-new trick system and stunning visuals.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!