Today’s Niche Spotlight is Last Call BBS, a compilation of 8 puzzle games by Zachtronics that just left Early Access.
Last Call BBS is a bittersweet sendoff by Zachtronics, and is the last game by the developer of beloved open-ended puzzle titles like SHENZHEN I/O, SpaceChem, Opus Magnum, EXAPUNKS, and MOLEK-SYNTEZ.
Players will boot up their Sawayama Z5 Powerlance retro computer and play a variety of puzzle games in typical Zachtronics style.
In 20th Century Food Court, players will design automated conveyer belt systems to produce and package food on a large scale. Meanwhile, ChipWizard Professional is about building circuit boards with a variety of wires, transistors, and capacitors.
STEED FORCE Hobby Studio allows you to build and paint Gunpla-inspired model kits without having to pick up tools in real life. It also wouldn’t be a Zachtronics game without a few solitaire games to play in the bundle, as well as some remakes of previous Zachtronics minigames.
You can find a trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Boot up your Z5 Powerlance and dial into Last Call BBS, the last game from Zachtronics!
The Barkeep’s loaded up his retro computer with a full set of puzzle games for you to download and play. No need to worry about copy protection, they’re all fully cracked and ready to enjoy!
Includes eight full games:
- 20th Century Food Court: Design factories to produce food just like they did over 700 years ago in the 20th century. Keep your costs low and your machines running fast!
- STEED FORCE Hobby Studio: Assemble robot models based on the anime smash hit Steed Force right on your computer. No sandpaper required!
- X’BPGH: The Forbidden Path: Enter a cursed world and create bizarre flesh sculptures in exchange for eternal life. The master is pleased… but can you trust him?
- Sawayama Solitaire: It wouldn’t be a Zachtronics release without a brand-new solitaire game. This time it’s a fresh take on Klondike, the “classic” solitaire variant.
- Dungeons & Diagrams: Try your hand at these beguiling tile-based logic puzzles. Can you map out the dungeons and steal all the treasure?
- ChipWizard™ Professional: Build integrated circuits using wires, transistors, and capacitors. Wait a second, is this a game or a CAD program?
- HACK*MATCH: The tile-matching minigame from EXAPUNKS, completely remastered with a single player campaign and local head-to-head multiplayer (with Steam Remote Play support).
- Kabufuda Solitaire: Create matching sets of Japanese kabufuda cards in this retro-demake of the challenging original solitaire game that debuted in Eliza.
- Travel back to a time when personal computers were new and exciting, with high-resolution pixel art and an FM-infused soundtrack!
- Learn the story behind Last Call’s mysterious sysop, The Barkeep, as well as the developers of the games and legendary 90s PC manufacturer, Sawayama Corporation.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!