Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara is a sequel to Summer in Mara; both games are from different genres but feature the same characters.
Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara takes the comfy farm-adventure of Summer in Mara and puts Koa in a more fast-paced platforming adventure.
You can check out the launch trailer below.
Join series favorite Koa and her friend Napopo on an action-packed journey through the world of Mara! Traverse wild islands, dodge cunning traps, and defeat the pirate bosses in this loving tribute to classic platforming adventures.
- Eight worlds to discover and explore. Each level has its own theme, traps, and bits of story.
- Sail through the ocean and upgrade your boat to reach every corner of Mara.
- Full of memorable characters. Meet all kinds of characters and help them.
- Discover all kinds of hidden secrets, challenges, and collectibles!
- Upgrade and customize the city of Qälis and get a lot of new skins and backpacks for Koa.
Unlock an archipelago piece by piece. From sandy beaches to bubbling volcanoes, there’s no shortage of charming and colorful islands to visit, each one chock full of secrets and collectibles. Each level offers beautiful visuals rich with detail and depth.
Relax and unwind – or knuckle down and challenge yourself! From newcomers to speedrunners, Koa and the Five Pirates is a buccaneering adventure for all.
Developer Chibig also has a new upcoming project Mika and The Witch’s Mountain. You can check out our preview of that game here.
Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara is available now on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!