Today’s Spotlight is Jet Lancer, an arcade-inspired 2D aerial combat shooter by Code Wakers and Armor Games Studios.
The game follows Ash Leguinn, a mercenary pilot that defends Root City from sky pirates and all manner of giant mechanical war machines. Protect the city with your highly advanced jet fighter that can be customized with 28 different weapons and components.
In addition to the campaign’s 30 missions and 11 boss fights, Jet Lancer also features a New Game+ mode with more relentless AI, remixed boss fights, and new upgrades to unlock. You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Jet Lancer is a high-velocity aerial combat shooter where you duel enemy aviators, hunt giant robots, and defy death at supersonic speeds.
You are Ash Leguinn: badass pilot, highly paid mercenary, and flight-school drop out. Your day job is fine – the daily grind of dealing with Sky Pirates pays the bills – but nothing compares to the rush of demolishing a ninety-ton mechanical monstrosity at the speed of sound. And you’ll have your chance. As mechanized weapons converge on Root City, you’ll have to be at the top of your game to survive, and you’ll have to surpass your limits if you want to save the world.
- Be A Badass: Jet Lancer is easy to learn but hard to master. Precise and responsive controls make you feel like an ACE as you dodge and weave through enemy fire without even a scratch in the paint.
- Surpass your Limits in Ash’s Story: Make your way from rookie aviator to ACE pilot in a story-driven single player campaign containing 30 missions, 11 bosses, and only 1 chance to save the world.
- Aggressive New Game Plus: Go higher, further, and faster in Jet Lancer’s New Game Plus mode which features more relentless AI, new attack patterns, and some fancy new upgrades for the LANCE to provide a fresh experience.
- Choose From an Extensive Arsenal: Customizable loadout with 28 different guns, payloads, and flight components to let you dominate the skies in any way you’d like.
- Customize with Accessibility Options:We think everyone should have the opportunity to feel like an ACE pilot. To that end we’ve included anti-fatigue control toggles, adjustable dodge windows, an invincibility option, and the ability to disable screenshake and screen flashing.
- Talking Cat: There’s a talking cat! His name is Lem.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!