Today’s Niche Spotlight is ITORAH, a 2D action-platformer inspired by Mesoamerican art and folklore by Grimbart Tales and Assemble Entertainment.
Explore the lush jungles and ancient ruins of Nahucan as Itorah, the only human left in a world full of mysterious masked beings. Team up with a cast of quirky characters as you uncover the secrets of what happened to mankind and figure out how to stop a dangerous all-consuming plague. Run and jump through vibrant worlds, solve puzzles, and dispatch dangerous enemies with your enchanted talking axe.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
YOU ARE THE ONLY HUMAN LEFT IN A WORLD FULL OF MASKS
Guide Itorah through a fantastic world inhabited by strange masked beings.
Mankind has vanished and Itorah seems to be the last of her kind! To uncover her past she will have to pick up her loud-mouthed axe and fight her way through lush forests, dangerous temples, stormy cliffs and more hand-painted biomes.
Their innocent quest for knowledge quickly turns into a mission to save this strange new world from its biggest threat: A mysterious plague that threatens to consume everything.
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Fluid controls: Enjoy a staggering amount of animations that truly bring Itorah and her amazing range of abilities to life in the hands of players
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her axe as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming challenges
- Challenging bossfights: Face Nahucan’s voracious fauna and imposing boss fights
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends we make along the way”. Meet a bunch of odd, quirky characters who may or may not help Itorah on her quest
- Captivating sound design: ITORAHs lovingly crafted, dynamic soundtrack invites to lose yourself in the beauty of Nahucan
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!