This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Hot Lava, a first-person parkour racing game by Klei Entertainment.
Up to eight players can compete to rush through levels full of hazards like lava, toxic waste, bottomless pits, and traps. Traverse the levels by any means necessary, just don’t touch the floor or get caught in each of the level’s devious hazards. Hot Lava comes with a level editor as well, and features full Steam Workshop support. You can check out a launch trailer above.
Hot Lava is available on Windows PC (via Steam) and through the Apple Arcade.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The Floor is Hot Lava!
Hot Lava transports you back to your childhood imagination. Relive those moments of excitement, joy, and chaos. Run, jump, climb, and surf in first person across nostalgia-packed environments flooded with hot molten lava. Explore alone, or join your friends. This is a game of dexterity and ingenuity, you will have to use all your skills to complete the treacherous obstacles that await.
And whatever you do… Don’t Touch The Floor
- Together: Conquer challenging worlds with up to eight friends with drop in-drop out multiplayer.
- Traverse: Run, jump, climb, swing, boost, and surf in first person across lava filled worlds. Mastering execution will take dedication and skill.
- Explore: Detailed environments jam packed with childhood nostalgia.
- Compete: To find the fastest route using shortcuts and expert execution on the friends leaderboard.
- Avoid: lava, toxic waste, bottomless pits, and crushers. Danger is around every corner.
- Create: Hot Lava comes with a level construction kit for Unity. Share your creations on the Steam Workshop.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!