Today’s Niche Spotlight is Heaven Dust 2, a top-down survival horror game by One Gruel Studio and Indienova.
Heaven Dust 2 is a retro-inspired survival horror game set during a zombie outbreak at a remote research facility. Escape your zombie-infested prison by scavenging for resources, solving environmental puzzles, and upgrading your gear. Fight off hordes of mindless zombies alongside more advanced and mutated monsters. Explore the facility and make choices that can lead to one of two endings.
You can find a launch trailer below.
Heaven Dust 2 is available on Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch for $14.99.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
This is the stand-alone sequel to the survival horror thriller Heaven Dust (it is not mandatory to play the previous game to enjoy this one).
After a press conference, a virus outbreak happens in the mysterious First Research Center.
In the meantime, deep inside the institute, Steve wakes up from his cryogenic pod.
He finds himself trapped in a living hell, surrounded by zombies, again.
He must fight his way out even when the dreadful truth is also approaching…
“Are you ready to escape from hell again, Steve?
Or should I call you… ‘Second Host’.”
- Classic survival horror genre, featuring exploration, action, puzzles, and resource management.
- Enhanced production value: Better graphics and effects, providing a brand new experience for players of the first game. Twice the content of the first game, prepare to embark on a 10-hour journey!
- Collect and combine, use various items to solve puzzles. Upgrade your inventory. Weapons no longer occupy space.
- Evolved combat system: Fight your way out with a dagger, submachine gun, shotgun, and grenades. Modify your weapons, upgrade them to the limit. Choose your weapon to counter different enemies, plan your strategy, seek their weak points, and destroy their defenses.
- Except for ordinary zombies, all kinds of mutated monsters had joined the battle too: Heavily armored Bone Fiend, regenerating Blood Fiend, approaching boomlad. And, of course, epic boss fights.
- Engaging plot, fun brain teasers. Players need to make an ultimate choice: Two escape routes will lead you to two different endings.
- Casual, Normal, and Expert difficulties for you to choose, suited to all players.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!